United Way WA provides a range of support services to people in Perth and regional WA living in disadvantage, through our three pillars of Education, Healthy Living and Financial Stability.
We work in partnership with other community agencies to address food insecurity, early literacy education, and social support to people recovering from homelessness and Family Domestic Violence.
Please consider donating at https://www.unitedwaywa.com.au/donate-to-us/.
We are calling on your support to please make a fully tax-deductible donation this End of Financial Year, to help keep these vital services alive. Our small yet mighty team has been busy across our many services and in the last year we have seen:
- 1000 meals prepared and served to people experiencing homelessness at HOPE Community Centre.
- 73 children living in disadvantage received a brand-new book with reading aids each month through our Imagination Library program.
- 5,500 West Australians engaged in the Paint the Town REaD program (United Way WA is the State Ambassador) encouraging parents to read with their children from day one, helping to break the cycle of poverty through education.
- 33 Re-Engaging in Community participants were supported on their journey to discover their new environments after experiencing homelessness.
- 9 Survivors of Family Domestic Violence were supported on their journey to become financially independent and ready themselves to enter the workforce.
- 224 Volunteers made all the above possible, thank you!