What does becoming an ambassador mean?
As an ambassador you will be raising funds on behalf of United Way WA. Funds raised will go directly towards the Small Change for Big Change Program. The Small Change program revolves around the use of donation buckets to collect change. It is up to you to think of creative ways to collect change in your local area.
Here are some popular ways other ambassadors have fundraised:
- Asking local businesses to host a donation bucket
- Collecting full buckets from the local area and replacing them
- Placing donation buckets at work or running a morning tea
- Getting the local school involved to hold a fundraiser and bucket shaking day
Why get involved with the program?
Did you know that 1 in 5 children under the age of 5 are not school ready? To tackle this problem, United Way WA has been supporting early intervention literacy programs for many years and has created major positive impacts in local communities. Focusing on hot spots of financial disadvantage and education deficits ensures that all Western Australian children are school ready. Every dollar raised helps us achieve our goal of a community where all children are encouraged to read, learn and grow for a brighter future.
Benefits of becoming an ambassador
- It provides the opportunity to give back to disadvantaged kids.
- It provides the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills.
- It provides the opportunity to engage with and get to know a variety of different people in your local community.
- Gain experience for your resume.
- It’s fun!
How the ambassador program works
- Apply to become an Ambassador, complete an interview and reference check
- Successful applications will be on-boarded
- Receive your fundraising kit and training on how to engage your community
- Approach local businesses and organisations to host a donation bucket
- Check back in with your bucket holders regularly
- Return full buckets to United Way WA for banking
- Celebrate the donations you have made possible!
To be successful in this role it is essential you:
- Are over 18 years old
- Are eligible to live and work in Australia
- Are friendly, approachable and have good communication skills
- Are responsible and able to manage your time well
- Have good communication skills
- Attend an induction session
- Provide two professional references
- Are eligible for a National Police Clearance (at our cost)
- Are willing to obtain a National Police Clearance