At United Way WA, we’re all about building a better future together with our community. Every dollar you donate and every hour you volunteer, helps us build a future where every Western Australian is empowered to grow, through education, financial stability and healthy living – the building blocks to a happy life.
With 1.5 million people across the country living in a state of chronic or persistent disadvantage, it’s more important than ever that we work together to tackle entrenched community issues. We know that change begins when we LIVE UNITED, and that building a better tomorrow starts today.
Work Place Giving
Workplace Giving is an easy and affordable way for you to make a donation to United Way WA from your pre-tax wages.
- Give as little or as much as you would like
- Giving from pre-tax income means donations cost you less, your taxable income is reduced and United Way WA receives the full benefit of the donation
- Donations over $2 are tax deductible
When all of us together give just a few dollars from each pay packet, it builds an exceptional community fund. Many organisations also choose to match their employees’ donations, increasing the overall donation and impact!
Become a Small Change Ambassador
Help our Small Change for Big Change campaign by becoming an Ambassador for your local area. Sign up to receive donation buckets and an instruction kit to help you collect as much small change from your community as possible!
Our Ambassadors collect small change from their communities by:
- Asking local businesses to host a donation bucket
- Collecting full buckets from the local area and replacing them
- Placing donation buckets at work or running a morning tea
- Getting the local school involved to hold a fundraiser and bucket shaking day
Hold an Event
Holding a fundraising event is an easy and fun way to raise funds for United Way WA. Whatever your idea, we can help you get your event up and running!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Casual dress day at work or school
- BBQ or morning tea
- Sporting challenge – ironman, paddle board, hike, cycle, box, hula hoop…
- Christmas lights
Volunteer with us
Every year hundreds of volunteers work on our projects, community impact initiatives and fundraising programs. Join the United Way WA team today to help us create a future where every Western Australian is empowered to grow.
Our volunteering programs include:
- Community volunteers
- Office volunteers
- Skilled volunteers
- Mentor volunteers
- Corporate team volunteers